02 Oct [ RECIPE ] Japanese Sesame Salmon
Salmon is such a fantastic meat and jam packed with goodness. Rich in omega-3’s and protein, this really simple recipe is great for a quick Monday night healthy meal and when those sesame seeds roast they just bring another level of awesomeness to this dish! Give it a go and enjoy!
::::::::::: R E C I P E :::::::::::
x4 180g Fillets of salmon, skin on and boneless.
2 tbsp sesame oil
6 tbsp sesame seeds, black or white
2 tsp grated fresh ginger
1/2 tsp freshly chopped red chilli
2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
1. Heat the oven to 200 degrees C, and use a non stick baking tray, if you don’t have one, then line a standard tray with baking paper.
2. Mix together the Marinate ingredients.
3. Put the Salmon in the Marinade and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.
4. Remove the salmon from the marinade, keeping the marinade to the side.
5. Set the Salmon pieces on the prepared tray, skin-side down, and back for about 15 minutes, or until salmon is cooked to your desired taste.
6. While the salmon is cooking, put the marinade in a small pot and reduce a bit for about 5 minutes
7. Remove salmon from oven.
8. Plate up salmon and spoon on some reduced marinate, sprinkle with some additional sesame seeds, spring onions and more chilli if you want.
Prep time: about 40 minutes